Search This Blog

Monday, August 24, 2009

Soft Launch

The drumbeat has grown loud, the call now too clear to ignore. Beginning with this blog, I am declaring my candidacy for your internet time.

Some background: I was born in the waning days of the 1960's; I grew up in Storrs, Connecticut - a sleepy college town set betwixt cow pastures, woods, streams, and rocky farmland. I was voted "Class Clown" my senior year. That's enough background.  Yawn.

"Ring Writes" (working title) will eventually be a mixture of articles, columns, reporting, web guides, observations, fiction, opinions.  There will be featured writers, guest columnists, links to great articles, audio, and video.  I imagine an online magazine, a forum, and a community which will be appreciated for its content and usefulness.    This is just the start.  So follow the blog, subscribe to the feed, read the postings, share with your friends, and let's see where this takes us, shall we?  And yes, this is going to be a primary source of my income.

It begins with this blog and ends....stay tuned.

--Dave
www.ringwrites.com

p.s. I like this regular column by Lynn Zinser in the New York Times:  Leading Off

4 comments:

susan weldon said...

as i am your biggest and first fan, i shall be one of your most avid readers. later, love

emily santillo said...

I like it, especially the contemplative look in your blog photo. You used to have a touch of Ray Romano's TV brother about you, but now you've graduated to Jeff Goldbloom... maybe because I just watched Law and Order (it could also be that they're both very tall). Anyway, you've got my internet vote, RingWrites.

Unknown said...

Very cool, dude. Looking forward to a healthy, regular dose of Dave Ring-isms! Always entertaining, never watered down.

Unknown said...

i'll be reading...great start and many congrats!